Release Date:Mar 2, 2006 (more)
The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II is the next PC installment to EA’s blockbuster The Lord of the Rings™ series of video games. The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II is a sequel to the critically acclaimed Real-time Strategy (RTS) game from EA Los Angeles, The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™. The newest The Lord of the Rings PC title will introduce players to depths of the fiction never before explored by EA, in accordance with an agreement with The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises that grants EA the rights to develop games based on the books, in addition to a separate agreement that allows for games based on the New Line films. Expanding on The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth, the new RTS game will allow players to engage in heated battles with Elven and Dwarven armies plus heroes and creatures that have never been seen in a The Lord of the Rings film.
* Customization, Command, & Control
* Build your own landmark castle with fully customizable and upgradeable fortresses and walls.
* Create your own hero with all new customized RTS units that are your avatars in-game.
* Control battles with all-new enemy AI, melee combat, and flanking, adding unprecedented tactical fidelity
Core RTS Depth of Strategy
Master next-gen unit control with smart formations, battle lines, and planning mode.
* "Build anywhere" brings creativity and strategy to base building and battlefield dominance.
* Control the entire war with a high level "Risk" style meta-game on the Living World Map with all new strategic AI .
* Extend your battlefield with larger than life navy battles at sea
Processor: 1.6 GHZ
CD-ROM: 8x or faster DVD drive
Hard Drive: 6.0 GB or more free space
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible Video card with 64 MB or more memory and one of these chipsets is required: ATI Radeon 8500 or greater; NVIDIA GeForce 3 or greater (GeForce 4 MX not supported)
Processor: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card